Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Days 285-286

I've had all these grand plans about waxing nostalgic about growing up in Lafayette, and spending a couple of days there last week...But I haven't been able to get the photos from the trip to my home computer...yet...
So...Here's a picture I did get...

It's the house where my Grandmother used to live...I remember having to steer around that shrub next to the driveway on my big wheel...
They've closed in the carport which made me drive by the house the first time by...
It's quite wierd to spend some time in a place where you haven't been for 20 years...and your last memories of that place are when you were a child...
This is the house where, I believe, I developed my love of high-fidelity audio, Aquariums, and Minitures..(My Grandfather was a really neat guy that left us too soon)...
I can remember tying a rope around his hand built Wire Control airlplanes...and dragging them around the back yard...What I wouldn't give to have those planes today...



No comments: