Sunday, August 31, 2008

Day 153

Today...we started the hunkering down process...Usually...that's just what I call it when I take my shirt off and dance...(Get it...hunk-ering down...get it? nevermind)
Dean helped me load some sand bags up at the local firestation today...we blocked up our 3 exterior doors...and we are officially bunkered in for the time being...
We are getting some bands now...it's 9:40ish...word on the street is that our neighborhood doesn't flood....we'll see...I guess...
Depending on our power situation tomorrow...I'll update the blog regularly from STORM CENTRAL...
Gustav is nearing the homestead...keep your fingers crossed for us...
Oh...and for those of you that aren't sure where we live...exactly...
According to the google earth hurricane tracking software...we are approximately 65 miles northwest of where it is projected to make landfall...

No comments: